Auto Acquisition Antenna Positioner for Microwave Line of Sight
The LinkAlign-60EBP is a Power Over Ethernet (PoE) antenna positioner designed from the ground up to point and automatically peak directional side arm mount antennas for microwave 70–90GHz (E-Band) links. The LinkAlign-60EBP interfaces directly with several different brand commercial antennas on the market. If you don’t see your antenna listed on our Interface Control Drawing we can add it at no cost. E-Band systems have very narrow beam widths which require very precise pointing and stable masts to maintain a high quality link. Often these links come out of alignment or become less optimized due to thermal expansion of the tower, wind events, or other environmental conditions. The LinkAlign-60EBP corrects for these disturbances to maintain the highest Quality of Service available without the down time and reoccurring cost due to manual realignment. Software features include an RF heat mapping tool along with a stored locations database to help with initial acquisition. Once radio signal strength is recognized, the LinkAlign-60EBP can automatically peak on the highest returned value. In addition, our software comes standard with an RSSI minimum signal threshold feature to enable peaking completely autonomously or peak on demand from anywhere on your network. This can help immensely with troubled links, traditionally monopoles and roof mount systems, that can move throughout the day due to thermal expansion and cause your link throughput to diminish or fallout completely.
The LinkAlign-60EBP is typically paired with 1-2 ft side arm mount antennas, payloads up to 100 lbs (45.4 kg), and offers +/-30° of azimuth and elevation range. The positioners mounts directly to poles ranging from 3 – 4.5″ in diameter. Download the Interface Control Drawing (ICD) for more details.
Achieve Multiple Return on Investment
- Eliminates the reoccurring cost associated with manual realignment involving bucket trucks and tower crews
- RoI can be realized after the first time the LinkAlign positioners are used
Rapid Incident Response Time
- Manual alignment can take hours or even days to achieve due to tower crews and/or equipment availability. Environmental conditions (wind, ice, etc) may also delay manual alignment due to safely concerns
- LinkAlign positioners take less than 90 seconds to acquire and less than 30 seconds to peak your microwave line of sight link. Recover or optimize communications faster!
Increase Quality of Service
- LinkAlign provides closed loop radio signal strength antenna alignment resulting in an optimized link
- Greater returns higher QoS over manual alignment